Recipe by SeriousMoms
These are Polish biscuits, and they're great served with soup.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This one was certainly something different for me to make, but easy, I thought, & certainly tasty! Made these to go with a soup I was going to make, but 'dipping' got in the way, & by the time I was ready to make some soup, most of these little goodies were gone! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Put the butter and mashed potato in a large bowl. Sift the flour and salt into the bowl, then mix to a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for a few seconds, or until smooth. Wrap in clear film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the potato dough on a lightly floured surface until 1/3 inch thick. Brush with beaten egg, then cut into strips 3/4 in x 3 inches Transfer to a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Store in an airtight container.