Recipe by Perfect Pixie
My Dad made this for breakfast on the weekend, it was very good, can be had any time of the day
Top Review by KateL
Savory delight! Thanks for correcting the temperature per prior reviews. My ham was not cut very thin, in fact, I tore off pieces to form the cup, and then allowed extra cooking time until the yolks set to my personal preference. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 12 slices good quality ham (thin slices)
- 12 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly oil or butter a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Line the base and most of the sides of each mould with a slice of ham.
- Break an egg into the ham.
- Drizzle with cream, and scatter with sea salt, pepper, parsley and parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg is just set and starting to shrink away from the sides of the tin.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around each mould to loosen the ham and egg, remove to a wire tray.
- Eat warm or at room temperature.