Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Rachael Ray Everyday-Feb. 2008. Great as is, or easily made smaller to serve as an appetizer.
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and black pepper
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Stir the ricotta, cream cheese, parmesan & nutmeg; season with salt & black pepper.
- Place 4 wonton wrappers on a work surface. Center 2 tbsp of the cheese mixture on each wrapper. Wet your finger with water & dampen the edges of each wrapper. Cover with the remaining 4 wrappers, pressing out the air and sealing to enclose.
- In a small pan, combine the olive oil, lemon peel and crushed red pepper over low heat.
- Bring a med saucepan of salted water to a bol. Add the dumplings and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently drain the dumplings ans transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle the warm olive oil on top.