1/1 Photo of Little Dumpling Soup (Nockerl-/Griessklosschensuppe
Opa loved making us this soup -- so quick and easy, and we even asked him for it as adults. The quality of your stock will go along way in determining the final flavor of this soup. I think celery (salt or stalks) compliments the dumplings well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, bring the stock to a rapid boil.
- 2Combine the farina, nutmeg, eggs, butter and salt in a large bowl and set aside for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Scoop up small spoonfuls of the batter and scrape them into the boiling stock.
- 4Stir occasionally to prevent the dumplings from sticking; they will float when they are done!
- 5NOTE: If your dumplings disintegrate when they hit the water, ensure that your stock is rapidly boiling; also, "pack" your batter together a bit before dunking it, and/or add another tablespoon or two of farina to your batter -- it may be too moist (again, allow the batter to rest 1-2 minutes before continuing).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Dumpling Soup (Nockerl-/Griessklosschensuppe
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 173.8 mg
- Sodium 676.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: