Recipe by winkki
A tiny pound cake made in a mini-loaf pan, perfect for just the two of you (or just the one of you with the need for pound cake! ;o) Also great for gift baskets or dinners for shut-ins. From TOH.
Top Review by mianbao
This a sweet idea, but I couldn't get it to work so well for me. The batter seemed a bit liquid, but I decided not to add any extra flour. I think the egg I used may have been too large. I did measure everything very carefully. Also, my unreliable oven was too cool in the beginning, so it took at least twice as long to bake. The little cake looked good, but fell after I turned off the heat. It wasn't a complete disaster. It still tasted good! But was not something I would feel comfortable rating. I do think the problems were caused by me. Thank you for such a "cute" recipe. It was interesting trying it.
- 3 tablespoons butter, not margarine,softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to creamed mixture; add extracts.
- Pour into greased 5-3/4" x 3" x 2" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 35 min or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min, remove to wire rack and cool.