I found this on the web, and since they're the absolute favorite of my grandson, I made them for him. We couldn't tell the difference! The only thing is-these are a lot fresher!
- 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons very hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, cream margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add to the creamed mixture; mix in the oats.
- Drop dough by TBSP on ungreased sheets.
- Bake at 350°F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes,or until just starting to brown around the edges.
- They will look moist; don't overcook.
- While the cookies bake prepare the filling.
- In small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water.
- Allow this to cool.
- Combine marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla in med bowl; mix on hi until fluffy.
- Add the cooled salt water and mix well.
- Spread filling on flat side of one cookie, press 2nd cookie on top.