Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe well suited to entertaining. It has that wow factor and tastes wonderful.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 4- 6 1 1/2-inch thick medallions
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups port wine
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb shallot, peeled halved (lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wrap each piece of tenderloin in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Season with salt & pepper.
- Put stock and wine in a pot and reduce by 1/2, this takes about 30 - 45 minutes.
- Place shallots on a sheet pan and toss in olive oil. Roast @350F for about 45 min or until deep rich brown color.
- Brown pork "little Darlings" on both sides set aside. You can do this early in the day.
- Place meat in pan in oven and roast for about 15 minute.
- Add tomato paste & worcestershire sauce to reduced wine and stock.
- Add roasted shallots to stock mixture, and puree with immersion blender or in a blender.
- Remove meat from pan place on platter and add drippings to sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over meat.