Recipe by Ameliahead
A lovely, refreshing Summer hors d' oeuvres! This is from the November 2004 issue of Vegetarian Times. I am posting it as published, but it should be noted that I always either skip the mint or only use a tiny bit, so I'm not entirely sure how the recipe tastes prepared as intended.
- 1 seedless cucumber, about 1 foot long
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely snipped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- chives, chopped, for garnish
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced and pitted for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends of cucumber, and cut in half crosswise, then lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Blot cut sides with paper towel.
- Crumble feta into bowl. Add sour cream, orange juice, mint, chives, orange zest, and salt; mash with fork. Add a little water if needed--mixture should be more creamy than crumbly.
- Mound filling into cucumber halves. Cut stuffed cucumber into 1-inch pieces.
- Place on orange slices, and garnish with additional chives. Divide among 8 salad plates, or arrange on party platter.