Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little croissants melt in your mouth when just pulled out of the oven. Fragrant and fluffy , they are a true delight. I like to use bits of rose water Turkish delight in mine, usually found in ethnic stores. Another great filling is apricot or some other savory jam. If you enjoy baking you should give these a try.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 cups flour
- jam or Turkish Delight, for the filling
- 1 egg yolk
- Dissolve the yeast with the warm milk, pinch of sugar and pinch of salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients to that with the exception of the egg yolk.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls. Roll each bowl out on a lightly floured surface in a round shape, until it is approx 1/4 thick.
- Cut into 8 triangles.On the top of each triangle put a spoon of jam or Turkish delight. Roll each triangle into a croissant shape.
- Arrange croissants into a greased pan or cookie sheet. Let rise on a warm place for about an hour .
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Glaze the top of the croissants with the remaining egg yolk and sprinkle with little sugar.
- Bake till golden color, for about 15 minute.