Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I played around with the recipe adding some chile peppers, some salt, pre-cooking the corn, and garnishing with some mild red pepper jelly for garnish. The results seem to please everyone.
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup ice water
- 4 ears corn, cooked and kernels removed
- 4 ounces chopped chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, for cooking pancakes
- 1⁄2 cup mild red pepper jelly
- Mix dry ingredients. Combine egg and water, and add to flour mixture. Fold in corn and chiles. Drop by heaping teaspoonful into fat. Flip over when golden. May be drained on absorbent paper covered tightly and refrigerated, to be reheated later. Serve with a small dollop of jelly on top.