Recipe by grandma2969
makes 12...delicious with tea or coffee
Top Review by Gingernut
I gave it 3 stars because "I liked it" but didn't love it. I made it exactly as written, except I didn't cook them anywhere near 40 minutes. It was more like 30, and I still think they were dry and overcooked. Next time I will take them out at more like 25 minutes, and/or turn the temperature down a bit. It was a very simple recipe, so would use it again for a quick something sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line muffin tins with cake liners, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine crumb mixture into small bowl, mix with fingers till crumbs form.set aside.
- to prepare BATTER:.
- whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl, add oil, eggs and vanilla and beat vigorously with heavy spoon , just until batter is blended.
- Do not overbeat.
- Spoon batter into pans, scatter the crumbs over the tops ,pressing them in gently.
- Bake until tops are springy when lightly touched and crumbs are crisp.about 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minute.
- Cut out cakes if overflowed with a sharp knife.carefully unmold the cakes.
- sErve warm or at room temperature.