These are delicious, not hard to make, and always turn out wonderful... you can use blueberry or apple pie filling instead of the cherry, but I find that cherry is the best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 8 (1-1/4-cup) custard cups or 4-1/2x1-3/4-inch (11cmx3cm) foil tart pans.
- 3In a large bowl, stir flour and sugar together.
- 4Using a pastry knife cut in the cold butter until crumbly; set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- 5To the remainder, add in baking powder, baking soda and nuts.
- 6In a small bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- 7Stir in yogurt and lemon rind.
- 8Add to dry ingredients; stir JUST until moistened.
- 9Spread TWO-THIRDS ONLY of the batter over bottom, (set aside the rest to sprinkle over top) and part way up the sides of the custard cups or foil pans.
- 10Spoon the cherry filling over the batter.
- 11Drop the remaining reserved batter by small spoonfuls over the filling.
- 12Place cups on baking sheet.
- 13Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until done.
- 14Serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Cherry Crumble Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.7
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 316.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g