Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are delicious, not hard to make, and always turn out wonderful... you can use blueberry or apple pie filling instead of the cherry, but I find that cherry is the best!
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8 (1-1/4-cup) custard cups or 4-1/2x1-3/4-inch (11cmx3cm) foil tart pans.
- In a large bowl, stir flour and sugar together.
- Using a pastry knife cut in the cold butter until crumbly; set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- To the remainder, add in baking powder, baking soda and nuts.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- Stir in yogurt and lemon rind.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir JUST until moistened.
- Spread TWO-THIRDS ONLY of the batter over bottom, (set aside the rest to sprinkle over top) and part way up the sides of the custard cups or foil pans.
- Spoon the cherry filling over the batter.
- Drop the remaining reserved batter by small spoonfuls over the filling.
- Place cups on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until done.
- Serve warm or cool.
Wonderful little cakes. The cherry filling kind of bakes in with the topping crumble. I will try this with other pie filling too, and I was thinking that mabey this would work baking it in just one tart shell? I'll make this again. Thank you!