Recipe by Pumpkie
I love these cheesecakes because they are fingersize and I love the chocolate base. Not only cute but taste great. Faster than baking a whole cheesecake. You can also drizzle additonal chocolate on top of these.
Top Review by mickie49
OMG---these were sooooo yummy!!! The crust, of course, was totally great--chocolate is the best! I used mini-chocolate chips(had some I wanted to use up). Otherwise followed the recipe to the letter! Shared two of these with my neighbor and her son, she immediately demanded the recipe! This recipe will soon be making the rounds of the entire Keshequa Central School district! I'm gonna make these for the folks at the Home, but for them will make them in regular size muffin tins. Can also see making them in mini-muffin tins for a dessert party. I can foresee these showing up for many occasions! Thank You Pumpkinhead!
- 10 chocolate graham crackers, broken
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cheesecakes:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Process the graham crackers and chocolate chips in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until the mixture is sandy and moist.
- Divide mixture evenly among 6 jumbo muffin cups, then press it evenly over the bottom and about two thirds of the way up the sides.
- Bake just until the crusts are set, about 8 minutes.
- In a clean food processor bowl pulse the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and orange zest until smooth.
- Divide the filling evenly among the muffin cups and bake until the rims are slightly puffed and centers are almost set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool the cheesecakes in the cups on a rack, then refridgerate, uncovered, for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: In a food processor or a blender puree the strawberries with the sugar.
- When you are ready to serve, run a small knife around the outside of the cheesecakes, then use the knife to gently lift them from the molds. Transfer cheesecakes to dessert plates and spoon some sauce over each of the cheesecakes and serve.