Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I got this recipe from "Arielle's Recipe Archives" a long time ago, but this version is modified - the original recipe uses vanilla wafers and blueberry pie filling. Cook time includes baking and refrigeration time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 chocolate wafers or 6 Oreo cookies, halved
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy.
- Mix in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time (blending each one in before adding the next), making sure the mixture is well blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Line 12 muffin cups with muffin paper, and place a chocolate wafer in each lined cup.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the wafers.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove muffin tin from oven, but leave the cakes in the muffin pan and refrigerate them overnight.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the muffin pan (they should now be solid enough to be easily removed, but they may require some care if any of the mixture sticks to the metal part of the muffin tin).
- To serve, spoon a tablespoon of cherry pie filling on each mini cheesecake.
My DIL makes these for holidays and parties. ( only she uses the vanilla wafers ) They are a good "finger food" dessert and great for children.