Recipe by Unique Chef D
I love to eat at Little Caesar's and this is my favorite bread recipe to make at home. This recipe is from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes and www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
When I read the recipe's description, "this is my favorite bread recipe to make at home", I thought that this was a recipe for the breadsticks and the sauce. When I realized it was just a dipping sauce I used recipe #23565 to make breadsticks. I baked them, brushed them with butter & then sprinkled basil & garlic powder on top. We ate them with this dipping sauce alongside our homemade pizza. I don't eat Little Caesar's anything, but DH & DS (16) both agreed that this sauce does not actually taste like LC's Crazy Sauce. For my benefit they've planned to run out tomorrow & bring home LC crazy bread & sauce. Regardless of this being a perfect clone or not, the sauce is absolutely delicious. We were really sorry we didn't use it on our pizza instead of store-bought pizza sauce. We will be in the future though, for sure. Thanks for sharing, Chef D! Made & enjoyed for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.
- 425.24 g can tomato puree
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried marjoram
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml ground thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in an uncovered saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove sauce from heat;cool.
- Store the Crazy Sauce in an air tight container in the refrigerator, it will keep 3-4 weeks.
- Warm up when ready to use;serve hot.