Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love to eat at Little Caesar's and this is my favorite bread recipe to make at home. This recipe is from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes and www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Combine all the ingredients in an uncovered saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove sauce from heat;cool.
- Store the Crazy Sauce in an air tight container in the refrigerator, it will keep 3-4 weeks.
- Warm up when ready to use;serve hot.
When I read the recipe's description, "this is my favorite bread recipe to make at home", I thought that this was a recipe for the breadsticks and the sauce. When I realized it was just a dipping sauce I used Perfect Pizza Dough to make breadsticks. I baked them, brushed them with butter & then sprinkled basil & garlic powder on top. We ate them with this dipping sauce alongside our homemade pizza. I don't eat Little Caesar's anything, but DH & DS (16) both agreed that this sauce does not actually taste like LC's Crazy Sauce. For my benefit they've planned to run out tomorrow & bring home LC crazy bread & sauce. Regardless of this being a perfect clone or not, the sauce is absolutely delicious. We were really sorry we didn't use it on our pizza instead of store-bought pizza sauce. We will be in the future though, for sure. Thanks for sharing, Chef D! Made & enjoyed for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.