Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I don't know where I ran across this clone. My kids love this stuff! Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes and www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
- 283.49 g can pizza dough (Pillsbury)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- parmesan cheese, for topping (Kraft 100%)
- 425.24 g can tomato paste
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried marjoram
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried ground thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Unroll dough from tube onto cutting board.
- Cut dough into 8 even strips.
- Place each strip on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes until just golden brown.
- While the dough is baking, melt the butter add the garlic salt, stirring until dissolved.
- Remove the baked dough strips from the oven and brush with garlic butter.
- Sprinkle each strip with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with sauce.
- For sauce: all the ingredients in an uncovered saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator; it will keep for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Bravo!! Very good stuff, though I'd recommend 1/2 tsp. of garlic salt instead of a full teaspoon. They baked really nice at eight minutes.
These satisfy my crazy bread cravings every time! I add a little garlic powder to the butter and brush a coat on the bread then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top then brush another layer over the parmesan and bake! Soooo gooood!!!!
Very very good. Teenage boys absolutely gobbled these up. A real keeper!!!