Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
I first prepared this flavorful, healthy dish for my father, who had been diagnosed with lung cancer. He loved it, and so will you - yes, brussels sprouts can be soooooo good! The mincing of the brussels sprouts is an unusual treatment of the vegetable, and makes it just a little different. This is another one of my favorites from "Vegetarian Planet" by Didi Emmons.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups minced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed and minced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic, brussels sprouts, and carrot to the onions.
- Add water and simmer vegetables, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 8 minutes, or until water is completely evaporated.
- Then stir in bell pepper, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Saute one more minute, then serve.