1/1 Photo of Little-Bitty Coffee-Hazelnut Biscotti
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
originally from "Woman's Day" magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- 2Beat eggs, sugar and coffee granules in a med. bowl with electric mixer until coffee granules dissolve and mixture is thick.
- 3Fold in 1/2 cup flour, nuts and remaining 1/2 cup flour until well blended.
- 4Spoon batter into a gallon size zipper-type plastic bag and snip off a corner to make a 1/2" wide opening (or use pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2" round tip).
- 5Pipe nine 12" long strips crosswise 1" apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 6-8 min. until strips look dry and spring back when lightly touched. Do not brown.
- 7Remove from oven. (Increase temperature to 400 degrees).
- 8Let cool on sheet 1-2 min.
- 9While still warm, peel 1 strip at a time from foil, place on a cutting board and with a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 20 slices.
- 10Remove foil from cookie sheet. Scatter slices over ungreased cookie sheet.
- 11Bake 10-12 min., turning slices once with a metal pancake turner, until dry and toasted.
- 12Slide cookies onto countertop to cool completely. Store loosely covered in a cool, dry place up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little-Bitty Coffee-Hazelnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (2 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 180
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g