Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "Woman's Day" magazine
Make and share this Little-Bitty Coffee-Hazelnut Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Beat eggs, sugar and coffee granules in a med. bowl with electric mixer until coffee granules dissolve and mixture is thick.
- Fold in 1/2 cup flour, nuts and remaining 1/2 cup flour until well blended.
- Spoon batter into a gallon size zipper-type plastic bag and snip off a corner to make a 1/2" wide opening (or use pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2" round tip).
- Pipe nine 12" long strips crosswise 1" apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 min. until strips look dry and spring back when lightly touched. Do not brown.
- Remove from oven. (Increase temperature to 400 degrees).
- Let cool on sheet 1-2 min.
- While still warm, peel 1 strip at a time from foil, place on a cutting board and with a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 20 slices.
- Remove foil from cookie sheet. Scatter slices over ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 min., turning slices once with a metal pancake turner, until dry and toasted.
- Slide cookies onto countertop to cool completely. Store loosely covered in a cool, dry place up to 1 month.
WONDERFUL! Lots of cutting involved but then worth the effort definitely! The best part is that it can be enjoyed in the days to come! I'll say that "Its a beautiful thing and a joy forever and ever(that is, ofcourse, as long as it lasts once ready to eat!)
also great with dried fruits:cranberries, and pineapple.