- 1 cup raw sugar (not brown sugar)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted but not to hot (I perfer unsalted butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons plain yogurt or 2 -3 tablespoons french vanilla yogurt or 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup fresh diced finely chopped pineapple, take your pick (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter a 9 by 5 loaf pan.
- in a large bowl blend sugar,banana's,butter,vanilla and eggs- blend well- add yogurt and mix a little more.
- add flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt- mix until throughly blended.
- mix in any option at this point.
- pour into loaf pan and bake on middle rack for 60 to 65 minutes.
- let cool in pan for 15 to 20 minutes.