1/1 Photo of Little Al's Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Alex Bilo's Note:
My favorite morning nosh with a cup of coffee. I have to hide this from the kids or it'll disappear.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup raw sugar (not brown sugar)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted but not to hot (I perfer unsalted butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons plain yogurt or 2 -3 tablespoons french vanilla yogurt or 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup frozen cranberries or 1/2 cup chocolate chips or 1/2 cup fresh diced finely chopped pineapple, take your pick (optional)
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter a 9 by 5 loaf pan.
- 2in a large bowl blend sugar,banana's,butter,vanilla and eggs- blend well- add yogurt and mix a little more.
- 3add flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt- mix until throughly blended.
- 4mix in any option at this point.
- 5pour into loaf pan and bake on middle rack for 60 to 65 minutes.
- 6let cool in pan for 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Al's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1099 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3287.1
- Calories from Fat 1300
- Total Fat 144.4 g
- Saturated Fat 66.3 g
- Cholesterol 671.0 mg
- Sodium 2973.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 460.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 249.1 g
- Protein 49.9 g