Recipe by sugarpea
My favorite butter cookie. They're delicate in form and flavor. So simple, they're great for beginner bakers. Tiny little cookies can be sandwiched with a favorite jam if you like. They're so tender you'll lose a few in the process but the pieces taste good too.
Top Review by wannabe runway model
l o v eloveLOVED these. i sandwiched them with raspberry jam and powdered them with icing sugar. they were so easy to make and the outcome was amazing. i loved how they seemed so crumbly and dry, but the moment you put them in your mouth they melted away. this is definatly a keepeer in my recipebook. i'll be making these again soon.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup blanched ground almonds (about 1/3 cup whole almonds)
- 2 cups flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except confectioners' sugar and mix with fingertips until dough forms a solid ball.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 1 1/4" log.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice logs into very thin 1/8" thick cookies and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool on wire rack.
- The cookies are very fragile so handle carefully.
- Dust with powdered sugar and store in shallow, airtight container so there's not too much weight on the bottom cookies.
- Cookies can be kept for at least two weeks.