Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my special treats!
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 75 g ghee, melted
- 3 -4 drops red food coloring
- water, as required,to knead
- ghee, for frying
- 3 cups sugar syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring, for the sugar water syrup
- Put flour in a bowl.
- Add 75gms.
- of melted ghee and mix well with your grased (with ghee) palms.
- Knead well and shape into a long rectangular dough.
- Cut into equal sized 1 inch pieces.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Deep fry the toshas' in it on low flame and cook until lightly browned on either side.
- In the meantime, prepare sugar water syrup of one thread consistency in a skillet on low flame.
- Add 1/2 tsp.
- red food colour to it.
- Mix well.
- Add toshas' to this syrup and mix well.
- Remove toshas' onto a clean plate.
- Allow to cool.
- The sugar will harden on its own on the toshas'.
- Eat away!