Recipe by Jane' Burch
This one I had found online. I altered it to suit our tastes. My mother suggested using breakfast sausage instead of smokies and serving it with eggs and having a breakfast meal out of it. I haven't tired it yet. Recipe Source: Hillshire Farms http://www.hillshirefarm.com/mealideas/recipes.aspx?id=125
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was really good; we served it for dinner. The hashbrowns made a great crispy crust and the cheese was ooey gooey. The only thing I would change is to add another egg or two. Will be making this again! Made for All You Can Cook Buffet.
- 3 cups refrigerated southern style hash browns (1 lb. 4 oz. package)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) packagehillshire farm Little Smokies sausages
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, cheese*
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 13Hash Brown Crust:.
- Preheat oven to 425º Fahrenheit.
- Press potatoes onto bottom and up sides of a 9” pie plate.
- Drizzle with ¼ cup melted butter.
- Bake at 425ºFahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- While crust bake, prepare filling.
- Let crust cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º Fahrenheit. Add 1 cup of cheese.
- Spoon into hash brown crust.
- Cut smokies in thirds and top with Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies®.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Beat with a wire whisk.
- Pour over Lit’l Smokies™ and cheese.
- Top with additional cheese.
- Bake at 350º Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *Recipe Altered to Our Tastes.
- *You can use whatever variety of cheeses you want.