Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from an Eastern European cookbook that I checked out of the library
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 slices thin cut bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 tablespoons parsley
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Cook in salted, boiling water til tender.
- While they're cooking, fry bacon and onion til onion is tender.
- Mix in cream, salt and pepper.
- Add potato and bacon mixture.
- Serve warm, garnished with dill or parsley.