Recipe by Non Domestic Goddess
Spanguoliu kisielius (Cranberry pudding)
Top Review by Nikoma
I tried this with corn starch because I couldn't find the potato starch. It didn't work at all. The mixture never became clear, just became very thick. So I transfered it into dessert cups and thought it might still work out. However it ended up just a starchy tasting globulous concoction that really wasn't eatable. I don't want to leave a starred review because I did use a different starch but obviously I was disapointed.
Directions See How It's Made
- Transfer cranberries into a pot.
- Pour in enough water to cover, add cinnamon sticks and whole cloves.
- Heat until cranberries begin to break up.
- Remove from heat, press mixture through a food mill.
- There should be about 4 cups [1 L] of juice and pulp.
- Chill a little of cranberry juice and mix sugar into remaining cranberry mixture.
- Dissolve potato starch into chilled cranberry juice and add to pulp and juice mixture.
- Return juice and pulp to pot.
- Bring to a gentle boil stirring constantly; heat until the mixture becomes clear.
- Pour hot pudding into individual glass bowls.
- Refrigerate until set before serving.