Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This low fat curry is an ideal option for those watching their weight or cholesterol.
Make and share this Lite Thai Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g chicken breasts
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 150 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 400 ml light coconut cream (coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt, to taste
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- basil, to garnish
- chopped chili, to garnish
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Add the lime zest and juice, season well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pot and saute the spring onions, garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the curry paste, fish sauce and soy sauce. Let the flavors develop on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, lite coconut cream and cook on medium to high heat for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Just before serving, add the extra coriander and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice and scatter fresh coriander, basil and chili over the top.
- 2 servings.
This is a great recipe, especially if you are watching your calories. It's very flavorful, but I kicked it up a notch with a little extra red curry paste and some red chili flakes.