Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This low fat curry is an ideal option for those watching their weight or cholesterol.
- 400 g chicken breasts
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 150 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 400 ml light coconut cream (coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt, to taste
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- basil, to garnish
- chopped chili, to garnish
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Add the lime zest and juice, season well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pot and saute the spring onions, garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the curry paste, fish sauce and soy sauce. Let the flavors develop on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, lite coconut cream and cook on medium to high heat for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Just before serving, add the extra coriander and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice and scatter fresh coriander, basil and chili over the top.
- 2 servings.
This is a great recipe, especially if you are watching your calories. It's very flavorful, but I kicked it up a notch with a little extra red curry paste and some red chili flakes.