Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is so easy to make and it is surprisingly delicious, I bake these in my toaster oven about 4" from the top element for apprx 20 minutes. If you like pan fry for a few minutes to release some of the fluid from the mushroom, however it is not necessary to do this.
- 12 large mushroom caps
- 12 tablespoons 2% fat cottage cheese
- 12 drops hot sauce (I like Peri-Peri)
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Clean your mushrooms and remove the stems (use them in something else).
- Mix the chives and cottage cheese.
- Put a tbs of cottage cheese in each cap.
- Top with a drop (or two) of hotsauce.
- Broil until the cheese is bubbling and browned.