Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good appetizer to serve when you are watching calories. Leave out the jalapeno & garlic, if you wish they are good even without them. Try using a Portabello and if you can find them Black Garlic. - Wonderful flavor. Black Garlic are from Korea and are fermented in a special process - Very mellow flavor
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish.
- Mix cottage cheese, jalapeno and garlic.
- Spoon into the mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle with cayenne or chile.
- Have oven rack in second position down in the oven turn on broiler and broil the mushrooms until the cottage cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
- Serve warm.
Bergy, thanks for posting a great tasting recipe. I made the recipe as you directed, and then I added 1 green onion, just for another layer of flavor. Really, you could play around with different flavors for these mushrooms, like using a chipotle instead of a jalapeño. This is definately a keeper. Thanks! :-)
I wasn't really 'over the moon' for these. I mean, I liked them enough, but they definitely tasted "lowfat." I think I would toy with the filling if I were to make them again, keeping them lowfat, but replacing the cottage cheese with something else.
They were way too spicy for my family and me, so next time I'll use just one clove of garlic and maybe 1/3 cup of cottage cheese, but they were otherwise fantastic!