Recipe by Bergy
This is a good appetizer to serve when you are watching calories. Leave out the jalapeno & garlic, if you wish they are good even without them. Try using a Portabello and if you can find them Black Garlic. - Wonderful flavor. Black Garlic are from Korea and are fermented in a special process - Very mellow flavor
Top Review by Miss Annie
Bergy, thanks for posting a great tasting recipe. I made the recipe as you directed, and then I added 1 green onion, just for another layer of flavor. Really, you could play around with different flavors for these mushrooms, like using a chipotle instead of a jalapeño. This is definately a keeper. Thanks! :-)
- 12 medium mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup 2% fat cottage cheese (Apprx. depending on size of mushroom caps)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cayenne pepper or chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish.
- Mix cottage cheese, jalapeno and garlic.
- Spoon into the mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle with cayenne or chile.
- Have oven rack in second position down in the oven turn on broiler and broil the mushrooms until the cottage cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
- Serve warm.