- 78.07 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml butter (for the souffle dish)
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach, thawed and pressed as dry as possible
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese or 44.37 ml asiago cheese, grated
- 6 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F grease the inside of a 6 cup souffle dish.
- Coat the interior of the dish with the crumbs shake out excess crumbs.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat,add flour stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes Whisk in the milk, pepper& cheese, bring to a boil, whisking all the while, until thick Stir in the well drained spinach and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the spinach mixture into the egg whites.
- Scrape the souffle into the breaded souffle dish.
- Place in center of the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 375°F.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the souffle has puffed and the top is brown.
- Serve immediately.