Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
When I first tried this recipe, it was for 16 servings and wasn't very calorie conscious. I tried used lower fat, lower sugar ingredients and also reduced the number of servings to down to 4. My family enjoyed the results. I use Kraft "Lite Done Right" brand for the Catalina dressing. The original recipe was from an old issue(1995) of Taste of Home magazine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄8 cup low sugar peach jam (or apricot or mango)
- 1⁄2 cup low fat Catalina dressing (or French or Russian)
- 1⁄4 cup dry onion soup mix
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, jam, and soup mix.
- Place chicken in a baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray.
- Brush sauce over the chicken, pouring any remaining sauce onto each piece evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, baste chicken with pan juices.
- Return to oven uncovered and continue baking until chicken juices run clear, about 10-20 minutes more.