Top Review by Caroline Cooks
This does not taste like lite rice pudding. DELICIOUS! It did take longer to cook than indicated, but the end results justify the means. To give it some Zing, I add some lime zest. AWESOME! Made for Lite/Low fat event in Cooking Photos.
- 3⁄4 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon or cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- bring rice, water and salt to a boil over med-high heat.
- turn heat to very low or off.
- after rice has absorbed water (approximately 15 minutes) add milk and sugar.
- cook over medium heat for 30-40 minutes stirring frequently.
- the pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency.
- remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- sprinkle cinnamon on the top.
- cover with plastic wrap (rest on the surface of the pudding) to prevent a skin from forming.