Recipe by ladyinred
Using buttermilk and oil instead of butter and milk makes this relatively lower in fat and calories. Using a muffin pan for this makes this a quick bake. One of these muffins with some dates/ dried apricots and a glass of milk is a great on the go breakfast.
- 1⁄2 cup 2% buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas well with a fork.
- Combine mashed bananas and all liquid ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Sift flour well and add cinnamon, baking powder and soda.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix well. Preheat oven to 350°C Grease muffin pans with nonstick spray and pour in ingredients.
- Bake for 1/2 hour.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.