Recipe by Kiro Sushi
Recipe from the "Weigh Less Naturally" cookbook. We really like this recipe and it is so easy to make.
Top Review by auntchelle
This is a great version of pasta carbonara. I love the difference the sundried tomatoes gave it and your times were spot on. I only made a half receipe and it was easy to convert - no eggs to worry about. I found that this made large serves too. I will make this again and again. Made for Aussie Swap #19 - Joey.
- 400 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 160 g lean bacon or 200 g pastrami
- 250 ml evaporated milk (we use Carnation light & creamy)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes or 8 dehydrated tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups cooked pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Reconstitute the dried tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Saute the mushrooms in non-stick pn until just tender (they cook in their own juices).
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and bacon to a pan and sauté until golden brown.
- Pour evaporated milk over mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes (drained) and the mushrooms, and heat through.
- Stir through the sour cream and cheese.
- Add the pasta and toss, season and serve.