Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not as high fat as a regular scone but yummy just the same. This recipe does not make a huge amount so it's great for singles. Dried cranberries can be substituted for the raisins for variety.
- 2 1⁄4 ounces quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Whisk together oats, baking mix, baking powder and sugar.
- Stir in milk and fruit just until combined.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cup measure onto non stick baking pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown on top.
I don't know how much 2 1/4 oz's of oatmeal is in a measureing cup so I used 1/2 a cup. I don't think that was enough because I needed to add in another 1/2 cup of mix or had a scone pancake. I used 1 Tbsp of Splenda Brown Sugar and added 2/3 tsp of Penzey's Cake Spice. The fruit was currants. The time was off for me and they took about another 8 mins to bake nicely. The scones ended up being simply delicious and I got 7.