Recipe by Mirj
These are very good, filling and low calorie. Not just for breakfast, they make a great snack in the middle of the day.
Top Review by Dwynnie
These are pretty good, but I think that they need some pecans or walnuts... I used real sugar, 2/3 cup dried cherries (limited the amount due to the strength of flavor), and two chopped Granny Smith apples. A nice quick breakfast/snack, but I think a little more texture is needed. The base is great and leaves plenty of room to play! Thank you!
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup light butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 -2 cup raisins
- 1 -2 cup shredded, chopped carrots or 1 -2 cup shredded, chopped apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugars and margarine together.
- Add applesauce, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add combined flour, baking soda and cinnamon to wet ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, raisins, and apples/carrots.
- Spread into ungreased 9x13" pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.