1 hr 24 mins
1 hr 4 mins
Big Mtnt Woman's Note:
This recipe was based on “Very Moist Banana Bread” in RecipeZarr. I lightened it up by using less sugar, and substituting applesauce for the oil. Some banana tips: This bread is best with very ripe, black bananas. Put ripe bananas in the freezer. They will ripen a little more and stay usable for several months. The frozen bananas will thaw in less than an hour at room temperature. You can also ripen a banana in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds. Add 15 more seconds, continue until ripe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray 2 8” x 4” loaf pans.
- 2Use very ripe bananas, 5 is best. In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- 3Add eggs, vanilla, and applesauce and blend.
- 4Add dry ingredients and stir well. (1/2 cup Splenda Plus for baking may be substituted for sugar).
- 5Dissolve baking soda in milk. Put this in a container bigger than one cup. It will foam up a lot.
- 6Add milk mixture to rest of ingredients and mix well.
- 7Fold in nuts and pour into greased pans.
- 8Bake for about 1 hour and 5 minutes depending on your oven. Start checking for doneness at 55 minutes. (especially with Pyrex pans)
- 9For a moist bread, a toothpick should come out almost clean. Totally clean will mean a dryer loaf.
- 10After removing from oven, let cool for 15 minutes and remove from pans. Bread will freeze nicely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lite 'n Moist Banana Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g