Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe found at myalli.com.
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 fluid ounce fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces raw boneless sirloin pork chops
- 1 sweet potato, raw
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 whole wheat roll
- 1 teaspoon trans-fat free canola margarine
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 4 ounces nonfat yogurt, favorite flavor
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Wash green onions and mushrooms; thinly slice green onions and chop mushrooms.
- Heat 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) of the chicken stock in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add green onions and cook for one minute; stir in mushrooms, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from heat. Make a pocket in pork chop by cutting from fat side almost to, but not through, the opposite side.
- Spoon stuffing into pocket in chop. Secure with wooden toothpick if necessary.
- Grill pork chop on the rack of grill over medium coals (uncovered) for 12 to 15 minutes or until done and juices run clear, turning once.
- Alternatively, pork chop may be broiled in oven, if desired. Remove toothpick before serving.
- While pork chop is cooking, prepare sweet potato and broccoli.
- Pierce sweet potato half several times with a fork and wrap in a paper towel; microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- For broccoli, steam in microwave or on stove top in remaining 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) of chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of water until crisp-tender.
- Serve pork chop, sweet potato, and broccoli with a whole wheat roll and margarine.
- Enjoy fresh (washed) or frozen (thawed) raspberries topped with yogurt and almonds for dessert.