Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've lightened up Triberry Muffins, Triberry Muffins by Kim127. Thanks for the original! I'm not a believer in Splenda or other fake sugar, so I've tried to cut fat and calories in other ways.
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 354.88 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.78-19.71 ml ground cinnamon
- 295.73 ml fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 59.16 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 118.29 ml diced strawberry
- 118.29 ml raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place paper liners in muffin tins or spray with Pam.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix together the milk and egg substitute.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the milk and egg mixture into the well along with the applesauce and vegetable oil.
- Stir quickly just to combine.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each one almost to the top.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until brown and crusty.
4 WW pts per muffin
The cinnamon flavor with the bites of blueberry, raspberry and strawberry is out of this world! I made the Super-Lite Version (practically FAT FREE) by replacing the oil with prune puree. I used Baker Fat Free Prune Plum Dessert Filling which is by the pie fillings in grocery stores. These were so moist and delicious...thanks for lightening up the recipe!