Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've lightened up Triberry Muffins, Triberry Muffins by Kim127. Thanks for the original! I'm not a believer in Splenda or other fake sugar, so I've tried to cut fat and calories in other ways.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup diced strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place paper liners in muffin tins or spray with Pam.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix together the milk and egg substitute.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the milk and egg mixture into the well along with the applesauce and vegetable oil.
- Stir quickly just to combine.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each one almost to the top.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until brown and crusty.
4 WW pts per muffin
The cinnamon flavor with the bites of blueberry, raspberry and strawberry is out of this world! I made the Super-Lite Version (practically FAT FREE) by replacing the oil with prune puree. I used Baker Fat Free Prune Plum Dessert Filling which is by the pie fillings in grocery stores. These were so moist and delicious...thanks for lightening up the recipe!