1/1 Photo of Lite Lasagna
1 hr 45 mins
Light on calories and fat, but definitely not on taste! This is just like traditional lasagna but with a few changes to ease the diet-conscious mind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Brown the turkey meat, drain and rinse and season with desired seasonings (I find Italian seasonings and garlic work best).
- 3Simmer the spaghetti sauce on low heat, covered. Stir in chopped onions, scallions, and bell pepper as well as seasonings (basil, salt, pepper).
- 4Stir in the cooked and rinsed turkey meat and allow to simmer until bubbling.
- 5Prepare a lasagna pan (14 by 9, I believe) by placing one layer of 5 lasagna noodles, a layer of sauce, a layer of cottage cheese and then a layer of cheddar cheese.
- 6Repeat for a second layer.
- 7Bake in the oven for one hour, removing during the last ten minutes to sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top.
- 8Serve with garlic bread and salad and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lite Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 997.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat lasagna noodles