Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
The recipe makes good "plain" yogurt that is so easy to prepare! Note: After you make your first batch of homemade yogurt, you can use your homemade plain yogurt as the starter for future batches.
- Bring milk to just a boil and then set aside to cool.
- Cool to 120°F.
- Pour warm milk in a glass or pyrex bowl and add the store bought "live culture" plain yogurt.
- Mix well by stirring the starter in, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Completely cover the bowl with towels top and bottom to maintain an even temperature.
- Keep covered at room temperature until set, about 3-4 hours.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
- To store, keep in refrigerator.