Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This crust is for precooked or no-cook fillings only. You may fill it, for example, with puddings. This makes a 9" crust.
- 10 large graham crackers (reduced fat or chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine (unmelted and cut into pieces) or 3 tablespoons light butter (unmelted and cut into pieces)
- Break the graham crackers into pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process into fine crumbs.
- Measure the crumbs and be sure you use 1 1/4 crumbs and no less and no more (adjusst amount).
- Return crumbs to food processor, add the sugar, and process a few seconds to mix well.
- Add the margarine or butter and process about 20 seconds, or until the mixture is moist and crumbly and holds together when pinched.
- If the mixture seems too dry, mix in more margarine, 1/2 teaspoons at a time, until the proper consistency is reached.
- Coat a 9" pan with cooking spray, and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture against the bottom and sides of the pan, forming an even crust (periodically dip spoon in sugar to prevent sticking).
- Use fingers to finish pressing the crust firmly against the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 minute or until the edges feel firm and dry.
- Cool to room temperature before filling.