Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from her cooking show. I found it made more dressing than I had salad for and it was a little on the sweet side so next time I'll add more salad ingredients and cut down on the honey, and I suppose you could even reserve the juice from the can of mandarin oranges and use that for the orange juice in the dressing.
- 1 green apple
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped, your choice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Chop apple, avocado, and banana and mix together in a bowl with the drained mandarin oranges, raisins, and chopped nuts.
- Thorougly mix all dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over fruit mixture, stir, and serve.
Excellent combination - better than the sum of the parts! I used the other reviewers' suggestions and used the juice from the mandarin orange can, with blood orange-flavored olive oil instead of canola. Super good - kids would probably like this!
I found this recipe in one of Paula Deen's cookbooks. It did not call for a "green" apple...just an apple. I loved this, and you definately have to serve it with greens because it makes a lot of dressing.
This was a really easy and delicious salad to make. I don't usually like avacado but it went well with the dressing. I cut down on the honey a little bit and it was great. I left out the raisins though due to our guest not liking them. The nuts and the apple add a nice crunch. Thanks!