Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yum...this is so good! Creamy and less fat than most alfredo recipes! My adpatation from a Kraft Foods recipe. Serve over fettuccine pasta or pasta of choice.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- 1⁄4 knorr's chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook pasta as instructed on package.
- Combine broth, milk and flour in medium saucepan.
- Stir in cream cheese, boullion cube, parmesan cheese, ground pepper, nutmeg, and garlic powder.
- Cook two minutes, stirring constantly using a whisk until alfredo thickens.
- Toss with cooked fettuccine pasta or pasta of your choice.
- Top with fresh parsely and additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
I made this recipe for my son. And I omitted the nutmeg. He liked it a lot. Thanks SReiff :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game