Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 453.59 g lean ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 425.24 g can dark red kidney beans
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 6 (48 inch) 98% fat free tortillas, burrito size
- 473.18 ml grated reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 59.14 ml water
- olive oil
- Cook and drain ground beef and place in dutch oven or comparable size mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper to meat mixture.
- Sprinkle dry seasoning (cumin& chili powder) over mixture.
- Add all canned ingredients, undrained, to the meat mixture.
- Add water and stir until well mixed.
- Spray inside of crock pot with olive oil.
- Layer meat mixture, tortillas, and cheese, making six layers as follows: 1 cup meat mixture, 1 tortillas, and 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Pour any extra meat mixture on top and sprinkle with any leftover cheese.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.