Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 (8 inch) 98% fat free tortillas, burrito size
- 2 cups grated reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- olive oil
- Cook and drain ground beef and place in dutch oven or comparable size mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper to meat mixture.
- Sprinkle dry seasoning (cumin& chili powder) over mixture.
- Add all canned ingredients, undrained, to the meat mixture.
- Add water and stir until well mixed.
- Spray inside of crock pot with olive oil.
- Layer meat mixture, tortillas, and cheese, making six layers as follows: 1 cup meat mixture, 1 tortillas, and 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Pour any extra meat mixture on top and sprinkle with any leftover cheese.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.