Recipe by Tee Angel
This recipe was on myalli.com.
Top Review by mercury_80_au
First, I want to point out that yogurt and mozzarella cheese definitely aren't "lite", no matter how non-fat or reduced-fat they are. That aside, this recipe just wasn't delicious. I have eaten much better aubergine. This recipe didn't even call for onions or real diced tomatoes or anything like that. The sauce in a jar just isn't the same as real tomatoes.
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 eggplant
- 1⁄8 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 2 breadsticks
- 8 ounces nonfat yogurt, favorite flavor
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 375°. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Mix bread crumbs with pepper and garlic powder. Slice 1/4 of an eggplant into 1/2 inch slices. Dip into the egg substitute and then bread crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake until golden and eggplant is tender about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Place back in oven until the cheese melts over the top.
- Heat broccoli per package directions. Serve alongside the eggplant and breadsticks.
- Enjoy yogurt topped with blueberries for dessert.
- Serve your favorite calorie-free beverage with the meal.