Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low fat Low sugar dessert. Try with other flavored puddings. flavorings, toppings.
- 1 (12 ounce) container light cream cheese
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
- In small mixing bowl combine pudding mix and milk.
- beat on low to blend add cream cheese, flavoring and rum Increase speed; beat til smooth and thickened.
- Put into individual serving dishes, garnish with toasted coconut.
I didn't use the coconut flavouring, mostly because I didn't have any at the time. I added 2 tablespoons of cherry brandy instead of the rum which worked really. Was great with fresh strawberries!
I altered this to make 6 servings, using 8 oz nonfat cream cheese and 1/4 cup fat-free half & half in place of some of the milk - had some to use up. Although I adjusted the amount of flavorings accordingly, I felt the amounts were perhaps a little strong and left the dessert with a slightly bitter aftertaste. I stirred in half a tub of fat-free Cool Whip hoping this might cut back on the bitterness, and it did to some degree. I also stirred the toasted coconut directly into the mixture, rather than sprinkling. Next time I will cut back on the coconut flavoring, and possibly leave out the rum or add just a drop. I have a feeling once I adjust this to my taste it will be a favorite in no time. Pretty good, though!