Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful lite recipe for anyone watching their weight.
- 99.22 g box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 226.79 g container fat-free whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- Make instant pudding with the 1 cup of skim milk and then add the tub of cool whip.
- This will frost a 10" x 13" cake.
- Ice your cake and refrigerate.
My husband is not a fan of frosting, because it's so sweet. He'd prefer I bake a cake for him to eat dry, rather than to put traditional frosting on it. However, he really likes pudding, so I used this recipe and frosted his birthday cake (Sour Cream Yellow Cake) and he LOVED it! He says he wants this every year!
I love this. But I did not use the sugar free pudding or lite cool-whip though. Full fat for me! It is great with any flavor pudding, not merely choc and vanilla too.
This is a great recipe if you're looking to shave some calories when frosting a cake. I didn't use sugar free pudding, but used regular french vanilla. It had a nice smooth texture and wasn't overly sweet. I'm looking forward to trying this reicpe using chocolate pudding. Thanks for sharing the recipe.