Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Healthy spicy-sweet dessert Try adding pumpkin pie spice to the ice cream!
Make and share this Lite Coconut-Peach Cobbler With Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 11 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- To prepare ice cream, combine vanilla ice cream, chopped pecans, and bourbon in a bowl; cover and freeze mixture for at least 3 hours.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until blended. Add coconut and butter; pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine milk and egg yolks. Remove 1 tablespoon milk mixture; set aside. With processor on, slowly pour remaining milk mixture through food chute; pulse 5 times or just until blended. Gently press mixture into a 6-inch square on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with additional plastic wrap. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Roll dough, still covered, into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare filling, combine sliced peeled peaches, brown sugar, 6 tablespoons flour, nutmeg, and dash of salt in a large bowl; spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Remove one sheet of plastic wrap from dough; place dough on peach mixture, pressing to edge of dish. Remove the remaining sheet of plastic wrap; brush dough with reserved milk mixture. Cut 6 (2-inch) slits in dough, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden. Let stand 30 minutes on a wire rack. Serve with bourbon-pecan ice cream.